Continental Gator Hardshell Urban Bicycle Tire with Duraskin (700×25, Folding)
First there was GatorSkin, a remarkably durable tire in its own right. Then came Ultra GatorSkin. Now, Continental takes durability beyond the limits with the GatorHardshell Road Tire. Like the Ultra GatorSkin, the Gator HardShell tire balances great ride characteristics with long life–and at an affordable price. The Continental GatorHardshell road tire features the bead-to-bead protection of DuraSkin, PLUS a Hardshell casing and extra-wide PolyX breaker. The result is a super-durable road tire that’s about as puncture-resistant as a tire can get. A super long-wearing tire that resists punctures and sidewall cuts Casing reinforced with DuraSkin and Hardshell-anti-cut sidewalls for extra protection Smooth-rolling center tread with shoulders optimized for cornering traction Extra-wide PolyX breaker covers tread from shoulder-to-shoulder, providing enhanced puncture-resistance
- PERFECTLY BALANCED- The Gatorskin has set the bar for a perfectly balanced blend of ride quality and long term durability, all without breaking the bank.
- POLYXBREAKER- The polyester fibers overlap during manufacturing, yielding a very dense fabric and minimal space in-between threads, making the PolyX highly resistant to any foreign body without reducing the rolling resistance.
- DURASKIN- Sidewall protection coming from the high quality polyamide fabric encasing the core casing of the tire from scuffs and cuts under the worst conditions.
- HARDSHELL- Hardshell protection is comprised of three main components, a deep casing overlap providing added sidewall protection, and extra wide PolyX breaker protecting the entire tread strip and finally, the casing is sheltered by a bead to bead layer of DuraSkin fabric.
- HANDMADE IN GERMANY-Continental has been hand making their tires since 1871, maintaining the integrity of tradition, while evolving with the most advanced technology.