Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II Road Clincher, Black, 700 x 23C
Continental Grand Prix 4000 S II: The grand prix 4000 s II is the reference tire on the market and has already gone through many stages of evolution. We are giving the flagship a new face. The discreet bead strip makes it possible to perfectly color coordinate to the bike without forgoing Black Chili tread performance. We have also expanded the size range: an additional 28 mm version provides better grip under poor conditions, improved puncture protection and greater comfort. The proven cornerstones of the 4000 s II remain unchanged: Vectran breaker for unsurpassed puncture protection, Black Chili compound for low rolling resistance and sensational grip – handmade of course in Germany. The Grand Prix 4000 S II is the ideal combination of comfort, puncture protection, and low rolling resistance. It’s the perfect all-rounder for all conceivable conditions with excellent puncture protection thanks to Vectran puncture protection and BlackChilli’s high mileage rolling efficiency. Handmade in Germany. Superior grip and less rolling resistance. Features: This unique tread rubber mixture which is only produced in Continental’s German factory has revolutionized bicycle tires. BlackChili Compound improves rolling resistance by 26 % and provides 30 % more grip than activated silica compounds. Premium tires with BlackChili Compound also impress with higher mileage and unlike many multi-compounds, provide a consistent ride from the first to the last mile.
- BLACK CHILI- Features Continental’s revolutionary Black Chili Compound which reduces rolling resistance by 26% improves grip by 30% and adds 5% more mileage out of your tire.
- VECTRAN PROTECTION- Reinforcing and matrix fibers made of Vectran are 5X as strong as steel yet still extremely lightweight and abrasion resistant, protecting your tire from punctures more effectively than two layers of Nylon.
- HANDMADE IN GERMANY-Continental has been hand making their tires since 1871, maintaining the integrity of tradition, while evolving with the most advanced technology.
- RACING MODEL- The Grand Prix 4000S II is the evolution of Continental’s flagship race tire.
- DISCREET BEAD- Color coordinate to your bike without losing any of the performance of the BlackChili compound.
- Advanced Black Chili rubber compound for lower rolling resistance, higher mileage, and improved grip
- Vectran breaker for unsurpassed puncture protection
- 700X23 size – black sidewall