StowAway Hitch Tightener, Anti-Rattle Stabilizer for 2 Inch and 1.25 Inch Hitches
The StowAway hitch tightener is a proven solution to prevent hitch movement — whether it be for a bike rack, cargo rack, spare tire mount, trailer or pretty much anything else you’re towing are carrying in your hitch. Our anti-wobble kit fits 2” and 1.25” hitches and effectively prevents rattling, wobbling, rocking, and movement behind your vehicle caused by a common hitch connection. The stainless steel U-bolt and heavy-duty powder coated tightening plate are specifically designed to endure weather, heavy loads, and general wear-and-tear — with a lifetime warranty. If you’re looking for a product that is easy to install and will prevent hitch noise and wobble, the StowAway hitch tightener is a guaranteed quiet ride. Simply slide the sturdy U-bolt over the hitch bar, install the anti-rattle tightening plate and listen to that sweet sound of silence! It’s as easy as that. The StowAway hitch tightener is a high-quality American made product for the hitch rack and trailering market.
- Hitch tightener prevents rattling, wobbling, rocking and hitch movement for cargo carriers, hitch racks, bike racks and trailer ball mount brands such as Thule, Rola, Yakima, Inno, Draw-Tite, Hidden Hitch, Reese and StowAway
- Includes a heavy-duty stainless steel U-bolt and thick powder coated plate that will stand up to all weather conditions and loads. Easy installation by sliding the U-bolt over the stinger, sliding the tightener plate into the bolt, and tightening it in place with the included hardware, can be mounted from the bottom if hitch ground clearance is low
- Hitch tightener is compatible with all hitch brands, including Curt, Blue Ox, Hidden Hitch and U-Haul, among others, and hitch classes I, II, III, and IV (1, 2, 3 and 4), both 2″ and 1.25″ models, ideal for hitches on SUV’s, vans, trucks, RV’s, sedans and trailers.
- Original anti-rattle hitch tightener design is proven to be one of the strongest and most effective on the market
- Manufactured in the USA with a lifetime warranty
Stopped the Rocking of my Bike Rack My bike rack, which is an Allen Sports Deluxe 2-Bike Hitch Mount Rack (1-2 Inch Receiver), is designed to fit either a Class II (1 1/4 inch) which I have on my car or Class III (2-inch) hitch receiver which I have on my motorhome. To fill the extra space in a Class III hitch receiver the bike rack uses two “L” shaped metal plates as shims. If the fit were any tighter, installing and removing the bike rack would be difficult, but the small extra space that allows easy installation also permits…
So simple, so strong. I give myself a one star rating for not buying this sooner. The plate is a 1/4″ thick so you do not have to worry about bending this thing, you will not have to gorilla torque it anyways. I had to set this up on the right side since my hitch does not extend past the rear bumper and because of the way Andersen MFG. makes their Rapid Hitch (short shank with the pin hole halfway down the length so there is no room for this tightener). After I tightened both nuts (flat and lock washers come…
Finally Rattle Free