Deuter Indoor Bike Trainer, Portable Bicycle Magnetic Resistance Exercise Stand with Noise Reduction Wheel Red
Magnetic trainers (also called mag trainers) use adjustable magnetic resistance to create drag against your bike’s rear wheel. The flywheel has rotating magnets that create a set amount of resistance as they’re engaged. To increase or decrease the amount of resistance you must shift the gears of your bike, or dismount your bike and adjust on the trainer with a resistance knob.
Know that using a trainer like the Deuter Bike Trainer inside means that you “lose” the environmental resistance factors like the wind, inclines and other road conditions. Also, keep in mind there is noise associated with riding your bike indoors on a cycling trainer! Sound acts differently off walls/ceilings than it does outside on the road. Some ways to combat this are to use an exercise/trainer mat or replace the bike’s rear tire with a slick racing tire.
- Heavy duty stand frame and wide stable base provides solid performance during hard efforts, adjustable rubber feet on bottom of unit prevent slippage and floor scuffing
- Progressive magnetic resistance system provide excellent resistance and life-like pedal stroke. Improved noise reduction resistance wheel helps to reduce the hum generated by your spinning rear wheel.
- Lever clamp design make it easier to take the bike down, Foldable compact design for easy storage and travel
- Fit for bicycles with a wheel of 26″, 27.5″,700C or wheel dia. between them,Max load:330lbs
- Quick release skewer, front wheel riser block, setup tools, user guide included
Great piece of kit for the winter months
Not loud and works well with moutain bike