Five Ten Men’s Leather Freerider All Mountain MTB Bike Shoes, Blanch Blue, 6
Five Ten, the Brand of the Brave, is a leader in performance, high-friction footwear. From downhill mountain bike racing to rock climbing, from wing suit flying to kayaking, Five Ten makes footwear for the world’s most dangerous sports. The Redlands, California-based company has been producing cutting-edge designs and proprietary Stealth rubber soles for nearly 30 years. With the help of top national and international athletes and guides, combined with a world-class rubber-testing and R&D facility, Five Ten is the shoe brand of choice for the world’s most exciting athletes.
The Freerider by Five Ten takes their revolutionary technology, originally designed for mountain climbing, and brings it to MTB shoes. Non-marking, Stealth S1 rubber soles with Five Ten’s classic Dotty tread give you extreme grip and is perfect for those who use clipless pedals. A suede and mesh upper keeps your feet cool and comfortable during those long days on the trail, and the slick BMX-style design ensures you’ll want to wear them both on and off the bike. If you’re looking to upgrade to the most versatile MTB shoe around, the Freerider should be your top choice. Multiple sizes available.
- BRAND OF THE BRAVE – Five Ten has designed their footwear for ultimate performance, giving you the technical advantage you need to help forge that trail or climb that mountain, comfortably.
- UNPARALLELED GRIP – Never worry about your feet slipping at an inopportune time. Five Ten’s unique Stealth S1 rubber outsole features their classic Dotty tread, keeping your feet glued to the pedals when it matters.
- ULTIMATE COMFORT – Long days on the mountain don’t have to be uncomfortable. The suede & mesh upper is designed to keep your feet cool and comfortable, all day long.
- VERSATILE – Style and performance don’t have to be mutually exclusive. Styled after bmx shoes, the Freerider’s slick design is cool enough to wear both on the bike and off.
- PRODUCT DETAILS – Rubber sole, lace up vamp and sticky Stealth S1 rubber outsole
Saved my shoulder, my riding, and my MTB rides with my wife Wow. What a difference flats make. I’m a middle aged mountain biker with far more enthusiasm than skill. Used to race back when the kids were small, and have been on clipless offroad for over 25 years. A month ago on a technical uphill I slow-rolled when I couldn’t unclip. I was inches away from shoulder surgery from a broken scapula (the pointy rock did a number on the rest of my shoulder). Can’t do this at my age. Took the plunge after reading the reviews.Verdict? I love these…
Good choice for old mountain bikers Turning 60 has caused me to reevaluate several things including my mountain bilking. Falling seems to hurt more these days. So decided it was time to move from clips to broad flat pedals. A biking gear-head friend recommended these shoes and sent me the refrences and reviews. They are as good as most reviews seem to suggest. Still new with not many miles but was pleased and surprised by how well they “stick” to the pedals. Stiff enough in the soles to be efficient but still comfortable to walk…
Mountain Bike Flat Pedal “Must Have” I have found shoe mecca for flat pedals!! I use with Expedo Spry’s and they do not break loose for anything. I have a EEE wide foot but these fit great. I normally wear 11.5 in wide and the only thing I may try is a pair of 12 next time to get a little more width. I generally ride 3-6 hours with an hour drive each way and these are complete comfort!! Colors are as shown, maybe just a bit darker teal (even better). Good stiff sole and arch.Grip is insane! This is by far the best flat pedal shoe…