Yakima SideWinder Tandem Fork Mount Rooftop Bicycle Carrier
Load your tandem with ease with the Yakima SideWinder. Featuring a swing out arm allowing one person to load a tandem bike. Fork-mount style that won’t interfere with most hatchbacks.Wondering how to take your tandem bike to the beach house? Look no further than the Yakima SideWinder tandem bicycle carrier, which holds a tandem far more securely than racks with wheel-tray designs. The SideWinder boasts a swing-out skewer arm for easy loading. The SKS-lockable skewer arm lets you hook the fork on first, then swing the bike easily into place on the roof. As a result, you can rifle around the cooler for some delicious beverages while your riding partner does all the work. The SideWinder’s padded boom cradle and quick-release ratcheting straps, meanwhile, protect bottom-mounted cables. Perhaps most importantly, the SideWinder won’t interfere with most hatchbacks or flip-up rear doors, even while dangling a tandem bike over the back edge. Other features include support for any 9 mm/100 mm tandem fork (locks are sold separately) and a handlebar strap for added stability. Compatible with round and square crossbars, the SideWinder carries a limited lifetime warranty.
- Swing-out arm allows one person to load a bicycle for two
- Simple, tool-free installation to Yakima round or square crossbars
- Holds tandems more securely than wheel-tray designs including padded boom cradle and quick-release straps protect bottom-mounted cables
- Yakima SKS Lock core sold separately
- Love it ‘Till You Leave It Limited Lifetime Warranty.