Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance: The World’s Best-Selling Bicycle Repair and Maintenance Guide
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance is the world’s best-selling guide to bicycle repair and maintenance. From basic repairs like how to fix a flat tire to advanced overhauls of drivetrains and brakes, Zinn’s clearly illustrated guide makes every bicycle repair and maintenance job easy for everyone.
Zinn’s friendly step-by-step guide explains the tools you’ll need and how to know you’ve done the job right. The two-color interior is easy to read—even in a dimly-lit garage or workshop. Hundreds of hand-drawn illustrations and exploded parts diagrams show just the right level of detail to lead you through every bicycle repair task.
This smartly organized guide shows how to repair new and old bicycles from top to bottom. In 520 pages, Zinn’s guide includes simple instructions for hundreds of bike maintenance and repair jobs:
• Basics: How to fix a flat tire, lube a bicycle chain, adjust the brakes
• Emergency repairs: How to fix a broken chain, tighten loose spokes, repair a bent derailleur
• Easy shifting: How to clean, lube, and adjust shifters and cables for smooth shifting
• Wheels: How to install a new tire, change a cassette, true a wheel, replace broken spokes, build your own wheels
•Overhauls: How to repair pedals, chains and chainrings, saddles, handlebars, stems, headsets, forks
• New tech: How to maintain 11-speed systems, electronic shifters, disc brakes
• Cyclocross: How to set up a ‘cross bike for racing, select the right components, and make quick repairs
• Troubleshooting: How to figure out what’s wrong with any bike and fix it
Zinn & the Art of Road Bike Maintenance makes bicycle repair and maintenance easy, quick, affordable, and fun. With Zinn at your side, you’ll know how to keep your bicycling running smoothly for years.
- Each chapter is devoted to a specific part of the bicycle, maintenance and emergency on-the-road repairs
- More than 300 illustrations
- A senior technical writer for VeloNews and Inside Triathlon, Lennard Zinn shares his experience and insight.